The Lakeside Chautauqua Board of Directors governs Lakeside, setting priorities and adopting annual and long-range plans. The board sets an annual budget, as well as enacts rules, regulations and policies.
Board Member Responsibilities
Quarterly meetings are held in person, and additional meetings are called as needed.
An Executive Committee serves in leadership and consists of a chairperson for each committee, as well as the Board of Directors' Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer. The strategic goals set by the Board of Directors includes:
- Become better recognized by internal and external stakeholders as a Chautauqua community.
- Become known as a center of Chautauqua programming excellence.
- Assure Lakeside is a safe, well-maintained and aesthetically pleasing Chautauqua community.
- Address emerging 21st century guest expectations.
- Develop the financial resources needed for long-term sustainability and advancement.
Throughout the summer, the Nominating Committee interviews applicants seeking membership on the Board of Directors. Applicants will be informed in February of their election and begin a three-year term in May.
To apply, download a Board Application and return it to: Lakeside Chautauqua, Attn: Board of Directors, 236 Walnut Avenue, Lakeside, Ohio 43440.
2017-2018 Lakeside Chautauqua Board of Directors
- Frank Baker, Vice Chairman
- Steve Bauerle
- Doug Bohl
- Larry Brown, Board Secretary
- Rebecca Brownlee
- William Drackett
- Dan Drew
- Meredith Egan
- John Fleischer
- Jennifer Gehrlein, Board Treasurer
- Kurt Geisheimer
- Gary George
- Bob Grimm
- Kristen Jones
- David Martin
- Jim Meyer
- Scot Ocke
- Jim Petro
- Scott Rosson, Board Assistant Treasurer
- Vernon Shepherd
- Randy Snow, Board Chairman
- Jim Switzer
- Terry Tomlinson, Board Assisant Secretary
- Yvette VanRiper
- Ex Officio: Kevin Sibbring, President/CEO