Help Break a Record for Spring Cleanup Day
Volunteer your time to help beautify Lakeside Chautauqua at the 10th Annual Spring Cleanup Day. The event will take place from 8:45 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday, April 25. Volunteers of all ages are welcome to participate.
Last year, more than 75 volunteers worked together to help improve the overall appearance of the grounds and facilities.
At this year’s event, help Lakeside break a record for the most volunteers. Dedicated volunteers are needed in the following areas:
- Landscaping and mulching gardens around the Hotel Lakeside fountain, Walnut Avenue courtyard fountain, Central Park, Hoover Auditorium, Williams Tennis Campus, Rhein Center, Director’s House, Orchestra Hall and Herb Garden
- Preparing and cleaning the Conversation Terraces along Ohio’s Most Beautiful Mile
- Cleaning and raking sand at the Central Park volleyball court
- Assisting with cleanup at Cherry Park
- Reviewing the condition of benches along Ohio’s Most Beautiful Mile and helping prepare a list
- Preparing and cleaning the Legacy House for summer visitors
- Stocking various buildings with supplies
- Cleaning Bradley Temple, Erie Guest House and Wo-Ho-Mis Lodge for summer guests
- Organizing supplies at the Rhein Center in preparation for summer classes
- Scrubbing and cleaning tents
- Maintenance at the Miniature Golf Course and Hotel Lakeside
Volunteers will meet at Chautauqua Hall at 8:45 a.m. to sign up for one of the many projects listed above. Projects will begin at 9 a.m. Lunch will be provided at 12:30 p.m.
If you are unable to visit Lakeside for Spring Cleanup Day, you can still participate by becoming a virtual ambassador. Share this volunteer opportunity with friends and family in the coming weeks on social media to help us set a new record of volunteers.
You are also invited to participate in other volunteer opportunities throughout the year. Review the list below for spring opportunities. Other year-round opportunities are also listed on the Volunteer page of our website.