Submit Photos for Lakeside Photo Contest
Lakesiders of all ages are invited to submit photos to be featured in the 2016 Calendar of Events brochure, as well as on Lakeside Chautauqua’s social media pages, website, The Front Porch blog, Lakesider newspaper, advertisements, etc.
Images should represent people enjoying Lakeside through photos of families, traditions, children, religion, education, cultural arts (special events and programming), recreation, landscape or architecture.
Photos are needed for following panels of the Calendar of Events brochure:
- Cover (a vertical photo is preferred)
- Welcome to Lakeside
- Nurturing the Mind (a photo representing the education pillar is preferred)
- Nurturing the Body (a photo representing the recreation pillar is preferred)
- Nurturing the Spirit (a photo representing the religion pillar is preferred)
- Family & Youth Programs (a photo of a child/children or family participating in the Chautauqua program is preferred)
- Accommodations (a photo of accommodations at Lakeside is preferred)
- What You Receive for the Price of Your Chautauqua Pass
- Admission Fees
- Directions to Lakeside (a vertical photo is preferred)
- Mailing Panel
The deadline for submission is Thursday, Oct. 1. The limit is five photos per photographer.
Winning photos will be chosen for the 2016 Calendar of Events brochure, and the photographer will receive a (one-day) Daily Chautauqua Pass for 2016.
How to Enter
- Name each photo by ‘last name, first name’ and number them each from 1-5. (For example: Smith, John 1; Smith, John 2; etc.)
- The email subject line should read ‘Lakeside Photo Contest.’
- Include your name, address, email address, phone number, age, photo information and the date each photo was taken in the email message.
- Limit of five photos per person may be entered.
- Both vertical and horizontal images will be accepted with the option for Lakeside Chautauqua to crop images as needed.
- Photos must be submitted digitally as high-quality, high-resolution JPEG files. Printed or scanned pictures are not eligible.
- Photos must be taken at Lakeside within the last five years.
- Winning photo(s) are not guaranteed the cover of the brochure or Lakeside Chautauqua’s social media pages, website, The Front Porch blog, Lakesider newspaper, advertisements, etc.
- Images must be in natural color. Black and white, sepia tone, duotone, Instagram filtered and altered images are not eligible.
- Panoramic photos are eligible.
- Cropped square photos used on Instagram are not eligible.
- No borders or frames may be added to images.
- No watermarks, signatures, copyright notices or photo time/date stamps may be added to images.
- Submissions from previous years may still be chosen as winning photos at a later date.
- All winning images will be displayed in the Calendar of Events brochure, as well as on Lakeside Chautauqua’s social media pages. Please note that due to the lack of space, a credit line will not be included in the Calendar of Events brochure.
- Digital images will not be returned.
- Photos containing recognizable people must have consent of the person to be submitted.
- Entries must be submitted by the original photographer. You must be the sole owner of the copyright of any image submitted.
- All entrants give Lakeside Chautauqua permission to use the entries for promotion, publicity or informational education of Lakeside without monetary compensation.
Ownership/Use of Rights
Photographers retain the copyright of their photos. By entering Lakeside Chautauqua’s Calendar of Events Photo Contest, photographers agree to have their submitted photos displayed in the Calendar of Events brochure, as well as on Lakeside’s social media pages, website, The Front Porch blog, Lakesider newspaper, advertisements, etc. without any fee or other form of compensation, and agree that Lakeside may display photos in any promotional materials and retain it for archival purposes. Entries (including non-winning entries) may be selected for display or use in other Lakeside materials.
Entries will be judged on the basis of creativity, photographic quality and effectiveness in conveying the Chautauqua spirit and the beauty and character of Lakeside for specific panels of the brochure, social media posts, pages on the website, blog articles, Lakesider stories, advertisements, etc. A Lakeside panel will judge the entries. The Lakeside panel, including graphic design, marketing and public relations professionals, will judge the entries.